Dialing a landline in India is easy once you know the procedure. The steps may vary depending on your service provider and location, so check with them if you’re unsure how to perform this task.
Find the phone number you want to call.
Now you need to find the phone number you want to call. You can do this in a few ways:
- Find it online. If you know the name of the person or business, search for them on Google or other search engines. You may be able to find their business website or personal Facebook page through which they list their contact information.
- Look in your contacts list. If a friend has given you a landline number specifically for your use, chances are they’ll have also put it into your contact list so that when they call back (or vice versa), all you need to do is press “Call” on your phone and enter their name or number when prompted by an automated voice asking what number is being called from/to, etc., depending on whether it’s an outgoing call or incoming one respectively (you’ll see another pop-up window displaying this message). Just make sure there’s enough battery power left before trying!
Dial the city code followed by the number.
To dial a landline number, you must first determine what city code it’s in. To do this, take the area code and add 988 to it. For example: if you have an 886 phone number and want to call another 886 phone number, you would dial 986886.
Here is an example of how to use this system:
City Code: 98
Get a calling card or use your internet browser to complete your call.
- Get a calling card or use your internet browser to complete your call.
- Get a calling card from one of the vendors in the area and purchase it from them. You can also get one online and have it delivered to you via mail or courier service.
The next option is to do all of this online using your computer or phone’s internet browser. To start, go to any website that sells calling cards for India (there are many) and buy one there with your credit card information or PayPal account information, which will allow you to make payments without having any money on hand in advance. Then follow their instructions for activating the number and using it once it arrives at your address.
Also read more :Which Messaging Apps Use the Least Amount of Data?
Don’t forget to dial a “0” in front of the city code if you’re in India.
Dialing a landline number in India is a bit different than dialing a mobile phone. You’ll need to insert the following:
- The city code (or STD) for the city you are calling, if it’s not New Delhi. A list of STD codes for all Indian cities and states can be found here.
- An international prefix, which is 001819 for calls from outside India or 8080 when calling from within India.
- An area code (or STD), which will vary depending on where you’re calling from and where your friend lives—for instance, Mumbai has two separate area codes: 022 and 098; Chandigarh has 0172; Kolkata has 033; etc.) If you don’t know what area code applies to where someone lives, try searching their address on Google Maps’ satellite view—the first four digits next to the street address should be an indication of which area code applies there.
Dialing a landline number in India can be a bit tricky, but it’s worth learning the basics. Once you’ve mastered the art of calling someone on their home phone, you’ll never have to worry about missing that important call again.